Welcome back, Guest!
Register
Forgot your Password?

Default Quotable Quotes..

just found this on the net while searching something..

# Men should not know how their laws or sausages are made".................Bismarck

# "The point is that we are all capable of believing things which we know to be untrue, and then, when we are finally proven wrong, impudently twisting the facts so as to show that we were right" ..George Orwell

# "The despotism of custom is everywhere the standard hindrance to human advancement" ................. J.S. Mill

# "History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives" .................. Abba Eban

# "The man who has no tincture of philosophy goes through life imprisoned in the prejudices derived from common sense, from the habitual beliefs of his age or his nation, and from convictions which have grown up in his mind without the cooperation or consent of his deliberate reason"...........Bertrand Russell

# " 'My country, right or wrong' is a thing no patriot would think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying 'My mother, drunk or sober' "................ G.K. Chesterton

# "Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even when there’s no river" ................ Nikita Krushchev

# "A diplomat is a man who thinks twice before he says nothing" ...... Fredk. Sawyer

# Amharic proverb: "You bow in front......and fart behind"

# Sam Goldwyn, the famous movie producer, when warned that the play he wished to make into a film had lesbians as central characters, countered: "No problem. We’ll make them Albanians."

# "Man is human in the same way a chicken can fly: both need a good boot in the ass to get them there." (?)

# "Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp-post how it feels about dogs." (?)

# Peter de Vries on sex manuals: .......... "Easier done than said."

# Robert Surtees on gourmands: "They dig their graves with their teeth."

# "Never believe in anything until it has been officially denied." ............ Bismarck

# "Some men are heterosexual and some men are bisexual and some men don't think about sex at all...........; they become lawyers." ............. Woody Allen

# When pressed on his deathbed by his confessor to denounce the devil, Voltaire replied: "Is this a time to make enemies?"

# "It's not the men in my life that count; it's the life in my men" ............ Mae West

# "In an autocracy, one person has his way: in an aristocracy a few people have their way; in a democracy no one has his way" ............. Celia Green

# "A communist is one who has nothing and wishes to share it with the world." ......... anon.

# "What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn, examine first before you decide" (Confucius)

# "Neglect of historical knowledge is to a nation what the loss of memory is to a man" (W. Stubbs)

# "God cannot alter the past; historians can" (Samuel Butler)

# "Those who know that they are profound strive for clarity. Those who would like to seem profound strive for obscurity." (Nietzsche)

# "Politicians are just like diapers. They need to be changed often--and for the same reason." (unknown)

# "The extension of the privileges of women is the fundamental cause of all social progress" (Charles Fourier)

# "The destiny of mankind is not to turn towards
    Heaven, but to progress on this earth and for this earth, by means of intelligence and reason." (Diderot)

# "A censor is a pencil in human shape, or a human being turned into a pencil; an incarnate line through the products of the mind, a crocodile that lurks by the banks of the stream of ideas and bites off the heads of the writers swimming in it." (Eberhard Ultra)

# "The further back you look, the further forward you can see." (Winston Churchill)

Default Re: Quotable Quotes..

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.
    ...Marlene Dietriech

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself.
    ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.

The first thing we do; let's kill all the lawyers.
    ...Dick The Butcher (from Henry VI by William Shakespeare)

A dream is the answer to a question you have yet to figure out how to ask
    ...Fox Mulder

A man whose errors take ten years to correct is quite a man.
    ...J. Robert Oppenheimer

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
    ...Anonymous

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up
    ...Muhammed Ali

I just put my feet in the air and move them around.
    ...Fred Astaire

I don't know why everyone makes such a fuss about Fred Astaire's dancing. I did all the same steps, only backwards. And in heels!
    ...Ginger Rogers

If it's a good script I'll do it. And if it's a bad script, and they pay me enough, I'll do it.
    ...George Burns

Old age is no place for sissies.
    ...Bette Davis

I have spent a lot of time searching through the Bible for loopholes.
    ...W.C. Fields

I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them their jobs.
    ...Samuel Goldwyn

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
    ...Alfred Hitchcock

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
    ...Stephen Wright

I'm always making a comeback but nobody ever tells me where I've been.
    ...Billie Holiday

Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.
    ...Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC.

You can observe a lot just by watching.
    ...Yogi Berra

We could all take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
    ...Anonymous

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
    ...John Lennon

Never get a mime talking. He won't stop.
    ...Marcel Marceau

Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
    ...Marilyn Monroe
    (When asked to comment on adapting his own work for the screen):

It's like raping your children to teach them about sex.
    ...David Mamet

The embarrassing thing is that the salad dressing is out-grossing my films.
    ...Paul Newman

I never know how much of what I say is true.
    ...Bette Midler

I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch.
    ...Gilda Radner

I've found that prayers work best when you have big players.
    ...Knute Rockne

Things ain't what they used to be and probably never was.
    ...Will Rogers

Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.
    ...Otto Von Bismarck, 1815-1898

Let us begin by committing ourselves to the truth --to see it like it is, and tell it like it is --to find the truth, to speak the truth, and to live the truth.
    ...Richard M. Nixon

Half this game is ninety percent mental.
    ...Philadelphia Phillies manager, Danny Ozark

If you can't convince 'em, confuse 'em
    ...Harry Truman

The meek shall inherit the earth... but not the mineral rights.
    ...J. Paul Getty

This "telephone" has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us.
    ...Western Union internal memo c.1876

640K ought to be enough for anybody.
    ...Bill Gates, in 1981

I wish my butt did not go sideways, but I guess I have to face that.
    ...Christie Brinkley

Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world.
    ...Dave Barry

There's a lot of comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?
    ...Dick Cavett

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president.
    ...Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

People can have the Model T in any colour--so long as it's black.
    ...Henry Ford

My parents didn't want to move to Florida, but they turned sixty, and that's the law.
    ...Jerry Seinfeld

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there.
    ...George Santayana

I've always been more comfortable sinking while clutching a good theory than swimming with an ugly fact.
    ...David Mamet

Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean I
    ...?

Some mornings it just doesn't seem worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.
    ...Emo Phillips

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    ...Douglas Adams

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
    ...Carl Zwanzig

The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest.
    ...Kilgore Trout

The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
    ...Calvin and Hobbes (Bill Watterson)

Live in the present; if you spend your life with one foot in the past and one foot in the future... you'll piss all over today!
    ...unknown

It costs extra to carve "schmuck" on a tombstone, but you would definitely be worth the expense.
    ...Lee Remick, The Competition

Good judgment comes from experience... and a lot of that comes from bad judgment!
    ...Will Rogers

Action is the last resource of those who do not know how to dream.
    ...Oscar Wilde

Destroy yourself physically and morally and insist that all true brothers do likewise as an expression of unity.
    ....Robert Hunter, The Ten Commandments of Rock

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
    ....Frank Sinatra

We don't need no stinkin' badges!
    ...Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Some circumstancial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.
    ...Henry David Thoreau, Journal, Nov., 1850

Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.
    ...Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign

Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.
    ...Steven Seagal

Bigamy is having one spouse too many. Monogamy is the same.
    ...Oscar Wilde

It is better to waste one's youth than to do nothing with it at all.
    ...Georges Courteline, 1917

Blues is a chair; not a design for a chair, or a better chair or a bigger chair. It is the first chair. It is a chair for sitting on, not for looking at or being appreciated. You sit on that music.
    ...John Lennon

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
    ...Groucho Marx

Hollywood is like cocaine. You cannot understand its attraction until you are doing it. And when you are doing it, you are insane.
    ...David Mamet

If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas, and go live in Hell.
    ...Gen Philip H. sheridan, speech, 1855

There are moments when everything goes well; don't be frightened, it won't last.
    ...Jules Renard

The formula "two and two make five" is not without its attractions.
    ...Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground, 1864

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
    ...Al Gore

I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix.
    ...Dan Quayle

If the third world war is fought with nuclear weapons, then the fourth world war will be fought with sticks and stones.
    ...Albert Einstein

It's all the same f**cking day, man.
    ...Janis Joplin

Miami Beach is where neon goes to die.
    ...Lenny Bruce

It's so long since I've had sex, I've forgotten who ties up whom.
    ...Joan Rivers

I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
    ...Woody Allen

Sex is one of the most wholesome, beautiful and natural experiences that money can buy.
    ...Steve Martin

I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic.
    ...Woody Allen

There are a number of mechanical devices that increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief amongst these is the Mercedes-Benz 560SL convertible.
    ...Unknown

Never forget - No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her sh*t.
    ...Men's Room, Linda's Bar and Grill, Chapel Hill, NC

I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time.
    ...Charlie Brown

Things are more like they are now, than they have ever been before.
    ...Dwight D. Eisenhower

I am not a crook.
    ...Richard M. Nixon

Never miss a good chance to shut up.
    ...Will Rogers

It's deja vu all over again.
    ...Yogi Berra

A wop bop a lu bop a wop bam boom!
    ...Little Richard

The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    ...Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst

I went to the American School of Redundancy School
    ...Jack A. Goodman

It's hard to bullshit the ocean. It's not listening, you know what I mean?
    ...David Crosby

This is my prediction for the future: Whatever hasn't happened, will happen.
    ...J. B. S. Haldane

Confusion is mightier than the sword.
    ...Abbie Hoffman

I don't even know what street Canada is on.
    ....Al Capone

May you live long and prosper
    ...Joseph Jefferson, Rip Van Winkle

If I called the wrong number, why did you answer?
    ...James Thurber

I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I must have changed several times since then.
    ...Lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes, even I have trouble doing it.
    ...Tallulah Bankhead

On my gravestone, I want to say "I told you I was sick".
    ...Tom Waits

Leave me alone. I'm a lineman, I want to be obscure.
    ...Dennis Nelson, Sports Illustrated

And who knows? Somewhere out there in this audience may even be someone who will one day follow my footsteps, and preside over the White House as the president's spouse. I wish him well!
    ...Barbara Bush, commencement address

When choosing between two evils, I always take the one I haven't tried before.
    ...Mae West, Klondike Annie

Asperger's syndrome helped make the movies. The symptoms of this developmental disorder include early precocity, a great ability to maintain masses of information, a lack of ability to mix with groups in age-appropriate ways, ignorance of or indifference to social norms, high intelligence, and difficulty with transitions married to a preternatural ability to concentrate on the minutiae of the task at hand. This sounds to me like a job description for a movie director.
    ...David Mamet

The whole world is about three drinks behind.
    ...Humphrey Bogart

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    ...Benjamin Franklin

A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
    ... Rudyard Kipling, the Betrothed

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then, I contradict myself.
    ...Walt Whitman

Why does a slight tax increase cost you two hundred dollars and a substantial tax cut saves you thirty cents?
    ...Taxpayer wishing to remain anonymous

Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra. In real life, I assure you, there is no such thing as algebra.
    ...Fran Lebowitz

If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.
    ...George Bernard Shaw

Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself.
    ...Rita Mae Brown

A child of five could understand this. Send somebody to fetch a child of five!
    ...Groucho Marx

Sell crazy someplace else; we're all stocked up here.
    ...Jack Nicholson, As Good As It Gets

How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole damned box to start a campfire?
    ...Anonymous

Remember that as a teenager, you are at the last stage of your life when you will be happy to hear the phone is for you.
    ...Fran Lebowitz

I think, therefore I'm single.
    ...Liz Winstead

Let your child hear you sigh every day. Even if you don't know what he's done to make you suffer, he will.
    ...Dan Greenburg, How to be a Jewish Mother

In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards.
    ...Mark Twain, Following the Equator

I wouldn't turn out the way I did, if I didn't have all the old fashioned values to rebel against.
    ...Madonna

I do not take drugs, I am drugs.
    ...Salvador Dali

Oh? You hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that, you know. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar."
    ...The Drew Carey Show

I drink to make other people interesting.
    ...George Jean Nathan

If you live in New York (or any other big city) you're Jewish. It doesn't matter even if you're Catholic, if you live in New York, you're Jewish. If you live in Butte, Montana, you're going to be Goyish even if you're Jewish.
    ...Lenny Bruce

Reality is just a crutch for people who can't deal with drugs.
    ...Lily Tomlin

'Scuse me, while I kiss the sky.
    ...Jimi Hendrix

Whenever you receive a letter from a creditor, write fifty lines upon some extraterrestrial subject, and you will be saved.
    ...Charles Baudelaire, Squibs

Chi Wen Tzu always thought three times before making a decision. Twice would have been quite enough.
    ...Confucious, Analects, 5th century BC

Never contend with a man who has nothing to lose.
    ...Baltazar Gracian, The Art of WorldlyWisdom, 1647

Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run.
    ...Kenny Rogers, The Gambler

We have nothing to fear but sanity itself.
    ...Robin Williams, Mork and Mindy

America is the only nation in history which has miraculously gone from barbarism to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization.
    ...Georges Clemenceau

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
    ...Mahatma Ghandi

Puritanism - The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, might be happy.
    ...H. L. Mencken

My dad thinks I paid for all this with catering jobs. Never underestimate the power of denial.
    ...Wes Bentley as Ricky Fitts in the film, American Beauty

It is not real work, unless you would rather be doing something else.
    ...J. M. Barrie

I wanted to be a singer because I didn't want to sweat.
    ...Elvis Presley

Just because you have a computer, doesn't mean you can't be stupid.
    ...Beavis and Butthead

Sometimes when I look at all my children, I say to myself, “Lillian, you should have stayed a virgin.”
    ...Lillian Carter (Mother of Jimmy Carter)

It's true that hard work never killed anybody, but I figured, why take the chance?
    ...Ronald Reagan

Every day, people are straying from the church and going back to God. Really.
    ...Lenny Bruce

I go to seek the Great... Perhaps.
    ...Rabelais, last words, 1553

The Ten Commandments contain 297 words. The Bill of Rights is stated in 463 words. Lincoln's Gettysburg Address contains 266 words. A recent federal directive to regulate the price of cabbage contains 26,911 words.
    ...Atlanta Journal

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    ...Dave Barry

(A journalist asked if there was room for forgiveness toward the people who abetted the 9/11 terrorist attacks against America.)

I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting.
    ...General Norman Schwartzkopf

great quotations..!!!
    thanks for posting...

thanks for sharing..

good quotes ayos ung " I dont use drug. i am drug " )