Welcome back, Guest!
Register
Forgot your Password?
Page 2 of 191 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

gieyah27

i think nabasa ko na yung All Around Town....(run to check the synopsis in amazon)....and NOPE...di pa pala! will definitely try this out! i had an MHC pace post college, lahat ng makita ko na MHC sa booksale eh binibili ko

btw, i suppose napanood mo yung movie na Primal Fear (Richard Gere & Edward Norton) and Identity (John Cusack, Amanda Peet, etc)? both films explored the multiple personality disorder.

Default Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

@sticky feet

sa paranormal....dali, itry mo si Kresley Cole and for Nalini Singh, her Guild Hunter series

Jennifer Crusie - Bet Me, Manhunting and Welcome to Temptation are some of her best works.

Harlequin/Mills&Boon - i think my most loved M&B author will always be Carole Mortimer especially her books written in 70's and 80's. Everlasting Love, Forbidden Surrender and Golden Fever are some of her books that I still re-read even now, hehe.

Perfume - napanood ko yung movie but haven't read the book.

OTHERS

btw, i recently read Tess Gerritsen's The Surgeon, and its pretty good.

i kinda have a thing for reading serial killer type stories (hehe...may tendency kaya ako? favorite ko rin ang Criminal Minds, lol). so i will continue reading books from this author.

thanks again to diokdin for posting her ebooks.

Post Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Okkkaayyy.... I love quite a number of books, so mahirap magrecommend. Ang mga roommates ko ngang dati ay medyo nagsawa na dahil sa dami ng libro na pinagpipilitan kong basahin nila (hi gaussian!)

Anyway, heto muna ang ire-recommend ko (a few of my favorites, in any order):

Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray:
    Really, beautifully written... In the end... why? why? why? Kartik!

Wicked series by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
    Seriously, natuto tuloy ako ng French.

Study series by Maria V. Snyder
    It's Maria V. Snyder and Valek is HOT.

Legend by Jude Deveraux
    Someone "forgot" to return this book to me. It's an absolute favorite of mine. I can really relate to the lady
    Last edited by ayanamifaerudo; 3rd Feb 2011 at 01:01.

The Jessica Darling Series was a really great read
    I have also read most of Sarah Dessen's books in which made me teary eyed.
    Steig Larsson's Lisbeth Salander books gave me palpitations and did not make me sleep until i have finished each book.
    Thanks for the recommendations I will definitely check out those books

@ayanamifaerudo

before i discovered Mobilarian eh binili ko pa from amazon (que horror!) ang first 2 books ni Libba Bray....ayun awa ni Lord...nakatambak pa rin

@dudette08

both Hunger Games trilogy and Stieg Larrson's trilogy are still in my TBR. kailan ko kaya to mababasa? nasa rom-com stage kasi ako ngayon eh

----------

when i got my k3, everyday na lang, while in the car on the way to work (hay...bakit ba ako slave? hehe) i read.

sa gabi, instead of watching tv...i read.

therefore...k3 is sulit

@ gieyah: Try the book and movie Sybil if you're still into in multiple personality disorders, a little disturbing and very interesting

@ maysapaw: Hehe, si Kresley Cole yung may font na very recognizable na sa kanya, di ba? (I forgot the name of the font) Which book should I start with?

I agree with you, ang ganda nga ng The Surgeon (I still remember the part where the lead female was hypnotized so she'll, uhm, you know, spoiler e. )

I also liked The Bone Collector by Jefferey Deaver (much better than the movie, prolly because of the detail sa book, and hindi ako na-overwhelm sa forensic terminology). Ooh, another book I think was better than the film was Kiss the Girls by James Patterson. Can you recommend a book like the above three I mentioned? It's about time I pay a visit to the Suspense/Thriller thread.

Guilty pleasure ko sa HQN si Lynne Graham e, most of her works are actually quite good although parang iisang character lang yung iba-ibang heroes sa mga books niya, I still can't help but read her work. I particularly keep re-reading The Spanish Groom.

And not only is K3 sulit, but also a power saver!

@ ayanamifaerudo: I know the feeling ng nararamdaman mo ng gusto kang i-suffocate ng mga kasamahan mo sa pag-insist that they read a certain book. Medyo nakakalungkot lang kasi hindi sila mahilig magbasa. Too bad for them! Ooh btw Off Topic, san ka nag-aral ng French? On your own or sa may Alliance in Makati?

And Legend ba yung merong wedding gown time-travel? Meron ba yang falling-in-love-with-the-reincarnated-soul in the end? (Sana wala )

@ dudette: Stieg Larsson is still on my TBR (as well as Hunger Grames Trilogy), andami na ding nagre-recommend niyan, although I did dl the movie trilogy.

- Please don't throw stones at me, pero I've never read Jude Deveraux's A Knight In Shining Armor kasi, uhmm, I cannot get over the lead female's name. *ducks* waaah, i know, shallow much?

And I remember reading a book by her, about a woman who time travels a number of times in the book, pero hindi sila magka-roon-roon ng HEA ng lead male, if I remember it correctly, I think it's Remembrance? I didn't particularly like her way off ending the book, where the woman then meets (and of course will fall in love with) the re-incarnated soul of the lead male. I heard that that's what happened with AKISA as well? I did like some of her Taggert marry-the-one-who-can-tell-the-twins-apart theme.
    Last edited by sticky-feet; 3rd Feb 2011 at 00:27.

@sticky-feet

me too! i like the book version of Kiss the Girls, although i think i watched the movie first. can't remember though, hehe.

i used to read Michael Palmer. his Extreme Measure book is one i remember well, its a medical thriller.

Michael Crichton's books is my first foray in thriller/suspense (i've read his books way back in high school!). I especially like Congo, Andromeda Strain (can't believe he wrote this in 60's!), Terminal Man and Sphere.

with Jude Deveraux...i think pinakafavorite ko yung Sweet Liar nya (Taggert) and The Summerhouse. i don't bother with her recently released books. i think Julie Garwood fared better than JD doing the contemporary romance.

Kresley Cole - start with A Hunger Like No Other. I'm actually liking in the long run KC over JRW I so love Nix!!!!

dibadibadibadiba...exciting! may bagong book si Julie James na lalabas sa March 1!

@sticky-feet

*went to amazon and check what the name of AKISA's heroine* okay...yup, it was definitely....ahm...uhmmm....pero seriously i read this book in just one sitting!!!

maybe you can convert it to rtf/word, then change the name to a more common one (christina? eloise? hehehe) and presto! you can read the book na

------

ako rin! pinwersa ko yung friend ko na basahin si Julie James...tapos naasar ako na mas pinili nya pa rin na basahin ang ibang book....but finally sinunod rin ako! and now she understands why i like her books so much

Post Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

@sticky-feet

On my own. Hahaha. Bits and pieces lang.

Sa Legend naman - may wedding gown pero walang "falling-in-love-with-the-reincarnated-soul in the end?". Iyong isang book 'ata, pagkakatanda ko. Para sa akin, ang weird na magfa-fall ka sa reincarnated soul when you fell in love with the "original" soul in the first place. Buti sana pag-parehas kayong reincarnated souls.
    Last edited by ayanamifaerudo; 3rd Feb 2011 at 01:08.

@maysapaw

Hay naku girl, basahin mo - maganda. Hindi na ako magbibigay ng synopsis (sa goodreads na lang) kasi baka i-reveal ko na ang whole plot.

Page 2 of 191 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast