Welcome back, Guest!
Register
Forgot your Password?
Page 364 of 365 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365 LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 3644

Default Re: Sa mga gusto mag practice ng English language dito tayo!

is this page still active ? just want to know. btw this is a good thread for those people like me who wants to be good in english speaking 😊

Hello. To make this thread a bit more productive. Let's try introducing ourselves. Say like five or more things about yourself.

Let me start.

Hello I'm Riyae
    I am not particularly good in english but I am more versed in it than in Filipino which kind of sucks being a Filipino myself.
    I have tons of hobbies which includes games, movies and anime. And I think pineapples don't go well with Pizzas

To make this thread a bit more productive.
    ... is not a complete sentence.

Your hobbies include gaming (playing video games) and watching movies/anime. Games, movies and anime are interests.

... or u can just say "my hobbies and interests include" instead.

It's "pineapples on pizza". You don't like pineapples on your pizza. I think it may be because cheese and pineapple don't go well together. I say otherwise. I like Hawaiian pizza very much.

Hi! Luffy here ...

I think I just know the basics of the language. I'm way far from being an English guru. I just know s-v agreement, some idioms and I think I have a very good understanding of how to use it in everyday speech.

I hate it when I have to use prepositions and it's been years since I last read a book. My favorite writer/novelist is Dan Brown and I like thrillers very much.

My hobbies and interests include anime/manga, anything tech, video games, coding/programming, tinkering with linux, running, working out, etc ...

1. It is safe to say "My Hobbies and Interests include....", but "tons of hobbies" (just be careful on number agreement) is also a good choice.

2. Do not start your sentence with an "AND"

3. "pineapple" instead of "pineapples" 'coz your not counting each and every bit rather
    identifying an ingredient.

4. Pineapple doesn't go well with the pizza (it's like pineapple vs the rest of the ingredients when it's not giving you a good taste) is also correct.

Hi I am John and i am a marketer, sometimes i have to deal with foreign people that's why English language is badly needed. hope this thread will help.

Quote Originally Posted by kulet2012 View Post
    1. It is safe to say "My Hobbies and Interests include....", but "tons of hobbies" (just be careful on number agreement) is also a good choice.

2. Do not start your sentence with an "AND"

3. "pineapple" instead of "pineapples" 'coz your not counting each and every bit rather
    identifying an ingredient.

4. Pineapple doesn't go well with the pizza (it's like pineapple vs the rest of the ingredients when it's not giving you a good taste) is also correct.
    Thanks!! You're right about #3 ... and 4.

What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by johndenver123 View Post
    Hi I am John and i am a marketer, sometimes i have to deal with foreign people that's why English language is badly needed. hope this thread will help.
    What kind of marketer are you?

Hi, I'm zero and I am an alcoholic.

I'm joking, obviously.

I'm not outstandingly good at english, but I do get by. I know the basic subject-verb agreements and the likes, but I'm not good enough to teach people anything in that regard, if you know what I mean. I still think that there are alot of things that I don't understand when it comes to the language, and maybe alot more things that I'm doing or saying wrong rather than right. So I'd appreciate it if you can point out to me those things while I'm in this thread.

My hobbies include watching movies and anime. I am not a gamer but I do play some games on my phone and on my desktop from time to time. I like playing the guitar, but not decent enough to post covers on youtube or stuff like that. I'd rather stay at home than go out; and yeah, pineapples are brilliant on pizza.

So guys, aside from school, what medium do you think influenced you the most for you to achieve the level of competence that you have today with regards to the english language? Personally, I think I watched too many cartoons when I was a kid, and not read enough books, hence my weird way of constructing sentences.

Sorry pal, but this is just an observation.

1. "Subject-Verb Agreement" only, but we have different S-V Agreement RULES.

2. There is nothing wrong with an intensifier (do), but if you can't avoid it try to lessen its usage.

3. Try to consider "Word Choice" as well.
    Like when you said(typed-in) alot more things that I'm "DOING"... "Saying" is enough coz we are talking about "Delivering English Language... In "wrong rather than right", "correct" is more appropriate.

4. "So, I'd appreciate...... to me"...
    Since, you are the writer/speaker it's best to eject "To Me"... You can also use "errors or mistakes" than simply saying "things".

5. Talking about parallelism, with "to post COVERS...." or "STUFFS" (or pile of stuffs) like that, to make it parallel with the number.
    *stuff goes like grass(grasses) and fish(fishes)
    *"to post" is an infinitive

6. "with regard" instead of "...regards"
    7. last sentence is "Bitin", when it's a "hence" and should be folowed by a result..
    "My" played a factor making it Bitin"

"Hence, I'm constructing weird sentences"
    "Hence, my sentence constructions are weird"

8. Please try to elude too much wordings...

peace...

Quote Originally Posted by daren61792 View Post
    Up for this thread
    its ok friend everyone is trying hard to speak english....

It is hard to speak fluent english compared to writing it because you can still change the wordings. Generally, we tend to speak english with most fillers (ummm, ahhh, etc.)
    Even I am not that fluent speaking it especially when it comes to the Subject-Verb agreements, Tenses, Prepositions, "would have had, had had, have had". I am just comfortable with the simple tenses (past, present, future).